We are looking for an IT Software Engineer of the highest calibre to join us in providing technical expertise for our clients Gaming Databases team.
As an IT Software Engineer for the Gaming Databases team, you will ensure the availability of gaming casino products and services, minimising interruption should maintenance or upgrades be required. Responsible for ensuring the high availability of gaming software systems, you will engage with operators, developers and third-party providers to establish effective software deployment management and implementation procedures. You will also be responsible for resolving support issues, provide ongoing incident management, develop and maintain productive client relationships, and tackle problem resolution head on.
As an Engineer for the Gaming Databases team, you will specifically be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database locking and blocking, expensive queries and poor performance issues on MS SQL Databases. Your work will heavily revolve around Windows Server applications and administration specific to IIS and Windows Services.
Above all, you will be an original thinker whose passion to learn and assist others will help you take full advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
• 8 years+ experience in Windows Server applications and administration (2012/2016). Specific to IIS and Windows services.
• 5 years+ experience working MS SQL Databases (2008/2012/2014), specifically focused on Database administration.
• High proficiency in T SQL and scripting.
• Experience in database troubleshooting and technical support for database locking/blocking issues, expensive queries, and poor performance issues.
• Experience with database monitoring services including SCOM, BMC required and Pagerduty desirable.
• Experience in the incident crisis management and escalation communications.
• High attention to detail
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and perform under pressure
• Microsoft MCITP or MCSA in DBA SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 required
• Knowledge of C#, HTML5 and associated web applications is necessary
• Experience in automation and automation tools is highly desirable. Eg: Powershell, Octopus Deploy
SalaryDepending on Experience